Sunday, January 1, 2023

Freestyle...

 

I’ve never been one for resolutions.  I tend to take on each day as it comes.  Good or bad, I do my best to get through it.  Plans never really work out for me so I just freestyle life.

The last few years for me have required a lot of freestyling.  I’ve met each challenge with a level of patience I didn’t even know I had.  As it turns out, I have quite an arsenal of patience ready to conquer each roadblock.  The time spent patiently waiting was not wasted.  It was used to think.  To reflect.  To remember.

I realize now that while I thought I was patiently waiting, I was actually taking stock of who I am.  I was uncovering the Me buried under the stuff of life.  Slowly, I have been dusting myself off and paying attention to what matters and what’s good for me.

While I’ve been putting myself out there and wondering why I get so close to what I think is the right and perfect job only to see it drift away, it’s been hard not to become frustrated.  Instead, I keep myself busy with things that feed my soul while I patiently wait.  I now realize that my resume doesn’t properly tell my story.

Sure, it tells about paychecks I’ve earned and who paid me but that’s not who I am.  Anyone who may want me to join their team needs to know that those times listed were just markers on my path.  It’s what I’ve done – and continue to do – outside of an office that make me who I am.  It’s everything else I do that adds value to my package.

So here it is – January 1st.  I’m not interested in changing my diet or exercise plan.  I will continue to walk down my path and take the forks as they come.  I will continue to smile and talk to strangers.  I’ll continue to body surf any rogue wave that comes at me.  I will trust that wave to deliver me to the shore where I’m meant to land.

Surf’s up. Happy New Year.  Hang ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment